We have done a lot of exercise this week friends! So much so that I am totally wiped out this evening. I have made sandwiches for lunch tomorrow, put out the bins, put the washing on, made dinner and now I am sitting on the sofa and I am not moving a muscle until bedtime. If there is anything I have forgotten to do I may cry!!! I am totally knackered.
- 1.5 miles on the stationary bike at level 3 resistance (8 minutes)
- 10 minute session on the cross trainer
- Various weight machines. 5 reps per machine with various weights from 10kg – 25kg (this was part of our induction)
- 2 miles on the sitting bike at level 1 resistance (10 minutes)
Didn’t run today because my knee was hurting from the gym yesterday.
Knee still playing up so decided to just run at the gym on Thurs.
Treadmill run: 1.5 miles with an average pace of 12:14 per mile. 2 x reps of 6 on the shoulder press and chest press. Stretching.
- 12 minute brisk walk at 3.5mph (treadmill elevation level 5)
- 2000 meter row. Weight level 6. This took just under 16 mins
- 5 minutes cross trainer effort level 5
- 8 minutes on hand bike at resistance level 5
- Shoulder press: 1 rep of 16 then 3 reps of 10 (5kg)
- Lateral pulldown machine: 4 reps of 16 (5kg)
- 3 x 30 second planks
- flutter kicks
- 4 minute warm down on sitting bike.
Ran 3 miles! This was a horribly difficult run. It’s not sunny here but it is so so humid! I didn’t realise quite how bad it was until we had started. I managed to run the entire thing though (just) average pace was 12:17 per mile. I’m not surprised by this because I was still achy from yesterday. I’m really proud of myself for running the entire thing though, as I wanted to give up so many times. Gideon did really well, he ran the three miles in under 30 minutes! woop!
Three runs scheduled for next week – 2 x 2 milers and 1 x 3.5 miler – along with some time in the gym and possibly a swim. But a well-earned rest day tomorrow to help me feel a little more alive again!